Sunday, May 30, 2010

Farm News - Week of May 30, 2010

We lost one more chicken this week, it was another one that had never really grown at all. The rest of them have grown much bigger this week, I think we should be in the clear now. The garden is flourishing right now with all of the rain and hot, sunny weather we've had this past week. I had to build some trellises today for the beans and tomatoes. Our celery and cauliflower got decimated by a rabbit this week, I need to step up the defenses and try and keep the little punk out. I have some fence up, but it's not quite small enough to keep the baby bunnies out, yar. He's lucky we don't live in the country...

You can see a little better in this one, they're a handful now.


I expanded the brooder to give them some more room to run, they
attempt to run and fly with their little wings, it's pretty hilarious.



Turnips poking through.


Gigantic Lima beans and their new trellis.

No comments: