Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chicken Coop

I've been slaving away on the chicken coop in order to be ready for the chickens to arrive. They're scheduled to be here this Monday or Tuesday. I finished fencing in the garden also, we're now protected from the neighborhood rabbits.


The attached run that the chickens will be let out into everyday. We're planning on planting some blackberries in front of this to help hide it a little bit.


The rolling plains of 562 Seattle Dr.

Nesting boxes; these are accessed by the two fold down doors for snatching eggs out of.


The brooding area set up with heat lamp. In other news I went to a Tractor Supply Company store for the first time the other day. It was full of delightful things, I wish we had one closer into town.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Mike is so jealous -- and inspired! Now, if he only had a bit more time on his hands! Congrats on the great looking yard and coop. We can't wait to see pictures of the chickens!

Rebecca said...

Clara and I got to see the baby chicks this morning before Greg even saw them!!